Smurfit Kappa is one of the UK’s largest producers of corrugated packaging for the Trade. We have a vision of being recognised as market leaders by our customers who describe us as indispensable. Customer service and quality are placed at the heart of how we run our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Manager to join our team at Saxon Packaging in Lowestoft.
We are recruiting for a Customer Services Manager to support the Lowestoft site. This role will report directly to the General Manager and will lead a team of 5 Customer Service Coordinators to drive best in class Customer Service and ease of business.
To contribute to the site’s sales development through effective supervision of the delivery of customer service to existing and potential accounts.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Developing, motivating and supporting the Customer Service team.
- Provide technical expertise, support and guidance to the Customer Service team.
- Coach and develop the team for better performance.
- Compliance with company’s Health and Safety requirements.
Leading a team to carry out the below functions:
- Raising requests for quotations and other requirements for new specifications.
- Liaising with Design and Graphics to ensure turnaround times on artwork met and all work is accurate and to specified standards.
- Processing sales orders and new specification enquiries and undertaking corrective actions if required.
- Processing purchase orders.
- Managing complaints and invoice queries effectively and appropriately.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for increasing sales and improving service.
- Supporting customers throughout the decision making process.
- Continually monitor workloads to ensure accounts are fairly allocated across the team.
- Identify opportunities within the team to improve working processes which result in increased productivity, better resource utilisation and customer satisfaction.
- Regularly report on KPIs as required.
- Be responsible for investigating customer complaints where required including producing corrective actions, addressing training needs and liaising with the Operations Manager to discuss areas for improvement.
- Ensure a strong communication channel exists enabling information to flow between the Customer Service team and other departments.
KEY SKILLS, PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Evidence of providing guidance, support and direction to colleagues.
- Excellent people management skills including communication and leadership ability.
- Experience of effectively managing relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to challenge existing processes for the benefit of Smurfit Kappa and the customer and where feasible implementation solutions.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
- Evidence of demonstrating a proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proven track record in taking ownership for issues and for consistently delivering results.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Excellent time management and personal organisation skills with a flexible approach.
- Understanding of full product lifecycle from initial concept and design through to production.
If you would like to be considered for the above position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is: 21st January 2022.