Saxon Packaging (part of the Smurfit Kappa Group) are a well-established, designer and manufacturer of corrugated and cardboard packaging.
Due to continued expansion and investment, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join our successful speciality plant based in Lowestoft to manage a team of 45 including 6 direct reports.
Smurfit Kappa Saxon is a sheet plant, producing conventional corrugated packaging and specialising in short run high quality litho laminating, especially within the craft brewery sector.
Following the successful implementation of automated SFDC, planning and stock management systems we are looking for a forward thinking individual to develop and improve our operational efficiencies.
Your focus will be on engaging, managing and developing people in this fast paced, batch production based business with a range of conversion, printing and finishing processes. The role will also involve P&L responsibilities including the setting and controlling of operational budgets. A knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies i.e. Lean Production, Six Sigma, Kaizen, SMED will be advantageous.
The Operations Manager will also be a key member of the Senior Management team, and provide support in agreeing our company’s long term objectives.
Responsibilities & Challenges
- Develop and own our operational strategic plan to improve our overall operational efficiency.
- Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire, coach and mentor the workforce to exceed challenging targets.
- Demonstrate trust, respect & honesty with all colleagues at all times.
- Support individuals through positive Health & Safety changes as we work towards an interdependent culture.
- Evaluate new suppliers/products/services which enable improvements within the business or which increase the value of our offer to our customers.
- Identify talent and recommend development & succession opportunities.
- Be Ideally educated to degree level (e.g. Engineering, Science or Business related) with a People Management qualification.
- Have proven manufacturing experience including people management is essential; able to demonstrate previous experience and success in managing the full operations function.
- Have experience gained within a Lean / Continuous Improvement environment, together with a good understanding of budgetary control and management within production, services, engineering and logistics preferable.
- Have excellent people management skills including communication, training and leadership ability.
- Have an energetic, hand-on approach.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Have experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Have ideally experience in packaging, ideally corrugate.
- Have the ability to manage operational and strategic matters simultaneously.
- Have experience of project / change management.
Applicants should click on the link below and follow the on-line application process.