Saxon Packaging Limited are a well-established, designer and manufacturer of corrugated and cardboard packaging.
Based in Lowestoft, we predominantly cover East Anglia although our customer base does extend into London and occasionally further afield.
Due to continued expansion and investment we require a Design Assistant to work within the CAD/Design Department.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual who is wishing to start or progress their career further.
The role would suit a well organised person who is highly motivated and able to work within a team, be willing to learn quickly and be capable of working in a fast paced department. You must be able to prioritise work and have a good knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel & Outlook) and possess a basic understanding of Adobe programmes and applications. Applicants must also have good literacy and numeracy skills, a keen eye for detail and accuracy in all work, and the ability to keep accurate records and maintain data bases.
As part of the busy design team you will be responsible for producing and measuring samples, ordering originations items & handling artwork requirements for both Flexographic & Lithographic printing.
• Producing short production runs.
• Working closely with other members of the Design Team and also the Sales Team.
• Reporting to the Technical and Design Manager and the Lead Designer within the CAD Department.
• General administration work –associated paperwork (enquiry forms, sample forms, order forms), correspondence (by email, post).
• Keeping accurate records and updating the database/CRM where required.
You will need to be articulate, confident and have the ability to work on your own and within a team. Some skills or experience operating a CAD/CAM system is essential although on-going training will be provided. A basic knowledge or interest in Adobe programmes will also be expected.
Skills expected are;
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- High level of attention to detail /accuracy in all work.
- Excellent numerical, literacy and telephone skills.
- Flexible approach to working time to ensure deadlines are met.
Salary and Package
Competitive salary dependent on experience, it is hoped that the successful candidate will progress into others areas within the CAD team
Please apply in writing, or by email enclosing/attaching your CV to:
Saxon Packaging Limited
28-32 Harvest Drive