31st March 2020
Saxon Packaging (part of the Smurfit Kappa Group) are a well-established, designer and manufacturer of corrugated and cardboard packaging.
Due to continued expansion and investment, we require an experienced Internal Sales Co-ordinator to join our highly motivated Sales Team at our Lowestoft site.
This position is a great opportunity for a passionate individual who is wishing to develop their career further and become a significant player within our busy Sales Department.
The role would suit a very organised person who is highly motivated and able to work on their own initiative. You must be able to prioritise work and have a good knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel & Outlook) and possess excellent administration, communication and customer service skills (both verbal and written). Applicants must have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, a very keen eye for detail and accuracy in all work, and the ability to keep accurate records and maintain data bases.
Responsibilities & Challenges
• Customer account management – developing good customer relationships, looking after customers to ensure business levels are maintained.
• Raising enquiries for new and existing customers, following up quotations.
• Customer communication management – introducing yourself to the customers, making the customer aware that you are their first point of contact, keeping in regular contact and advising of any new products that may be of interest.
• Working closely with other members of the Sales, Marketing and Design Team.
• Reporting to the Customer Service Manager.
• Liaising with the Operations and Production Manager to ensure they are aware of customers’ needs and requirements and also brief them on any issues/concerns customers may have.
• General administration work –associated paperwork (enquiry forms, sample forms, order forms), correspondence (by email, post), telephone answering.
• Keeping accurate records, keeping CRM system up to date.
You will need to be articulate, confident with a persuasive (but not pushy) attitude and have the ability to work on your own initiative. A background in Internal Sales and Customer Service is required, knowledge of the packaging or print industry would be helpful although full training will be provided. A technical mind will also benefit as customer enquiries often have practical and mechanical elements to them.
Skills expected are;
• Exceptional at organising and planning.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• High level of attention to detail /accuracy in all work.
• Excellent literacy and telephone skills.
• Must have the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
• Flexible approach to working time to ensure deadlines are met.
• Ability to identify customers’ needs and requirements from written and verbal briefs.
• Capacity to work under pressure and deal with multiple enquiries.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.